Learn all about SumUp.
SumUp Card Reader Review
SumUp Card Reader Review: FAQs
What Is the SumUp Card Transaction Fee?
Transaction fees may vary between payment types or subscription plans. Standard transaction fees are as follows:
- 1.68% transaction fee for in–person card payments.
- 2.5% transaction fee for payment links, online store and gift card transactions.
- 2.5% fee for invoice transactions.
What Are SumUp's Monthly Fees?
You can participate in a subscription plan or pay the products and transaction fee. There are three subscription plans available for you to choose from:
- No contract: No monthly charges or contractual obligations. You pay a transaction fee between 1.69% and 2.5% when taking payments using SumUp products.
- The SumUp One subscription plan: The SumUp One cost is £29, and you can get the Solo card reader at a reduced price of £29. Card reader transactions and online payments will only be 0.99% of the transaction, and the payout time is 7 a.m. every day, including weekends and public holidays. Subscribing is optional.
- POS Pro: Benefit from a bespoke plan for an all-in-one POS system with custom fees and monthly costs. The plan comes with integrations, table management and complete reporting. The monthly prices start from £49.99.
Do You Get a Bank Card With SumUp?
If you sign up for a business bank account and a card reader, you will receive a free Mastercard, reduced transaction fees, and faster payout times. Otherwise, you don’t get a bank card with any of the SumUp POS systems.
What Are the Drawbacks of Using SumUp?
There are only a few drawbacks to using SumUp, and they are:
- SumUp is ideal for a small business, but the software may be limiting or basic when your business grows.
- Phone support is only available Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Is It Easy to Accept Payments With the SumUp Card Reader?
There are two types of SumUp card readers, and they will both help your business seamlessly accept payments. The SumUp Air reader is a handheld card reader with the free SumUp App.
To accept payments, you will need to use the mobile app. You can easily connect the Air to your smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth. The SumUp Solo is a compact card reader with an intelligent user interface and an intuitive touch screen that only allows contactless payments.
What Are the Benefits of Using a SumUp Card Reader?
There are many benefits of using a SumUp card reader, and they include the following:
- You don’t have to worry about fees or cancelling fixed contracts if you want to switch providers later.
- Your business doesn’t need to earn a minimum amount to use SumUp’s services.
- The pricing plan and transaction fees when using the SumUp card reader are low, making payment processing more accessible for small businesses.
- You will know what you must pay before making any commitments, so there will be no hidden fees or surprises when using your SumUp account.
- You can process your customer’s transactions in various ways, such as a payment link, card payments, cash payments, credit card payments and more.
Get Bank Deals & More
Sign up for our email updates on the best bank deals, money savings tips and more.