Sonali Bank

Sonali Bank

Sonali Bank is the largest commercial bank in Bangladesh. Founded in 1972 under the Bangladesh Banks (Nationalisation) Order, the bank is entirely state-owned. It was formed from the nationalisation and merging of Bank of Bahawalpur, National Bank of Pakistan and branches of Premier Bank in East Pakistan.

Reviews Rating
50%
Review Score
This figure is an average of the reviews score, taken from customer reviews and the overall rating of the bank.
50%
BankRank® Score
This figure is the average of the bank’s total sentiment score and the review scores.
Disclaimer
While we are independent, we might receive commission if you choose to click on certain links on our website.
CompareBanks
CompareBanks Expert
CompareBanks
Hello! We're CompareBanks and helping the UK to compare banks is our main mission. We're here to help whenever you're on the search for a new bank. Compare the market with in-depth and impartial reviews. Read opinions on bank accounts from people just like you. Not only do we compare banks, we also let you review and rate them to help others with your bank experiences. You can trust us to get you on the right track with the best bank for you.
Read More

Overview

First Glance

Sonali Bank is the largest commercial bank in Bangladesh. Founded in 1972 under the Bangladesh Banks (Nationalisation) Order, the bank is entirely state-owned. It was formed from the nationalisation and merging of Bank of Bahawalpur, National Bank of Pakistan and branches of Premier Bank in East Pakistan.

Contact Info

Address
29-33 Osborn St, London E1 6TD, UK
Phone
0207 877 8230

About Sonali Bank UK

Sonali Bank is the largest commercial bank in Bangladesh. Founded in 1972 under the Bangladesh Banks (Nationalisation) Order, the bank is entirely state-owned. It was formed from the nationalisation and merging of Bank of Bahawalpur, National Bank of Pakistan and branches of Premier Bank in East Pakistan.

Sonali Bank UK is the only Bangladeshi bank based in the UK

Now, the bank has more than 1,200 branches, plus the USA-based Sonali Exchange Company and Sonali Bank UK, which facilitates foreign exchange remittances to Bangladesh. Sonali Bank UK was established in 2001 and has three branches; in London, Birmingham and Manchester.

Sonali Bank UK is the only Bangladeshi bank based in the UK. 51% of its capital is held by the Bangladeshi Government and the other 49% by Sonali Bank.

Sonali Bank UK Products and Services

Sonali Bank is primarily concerned with two business divisions; trade finance and remittances.

Bangladesh is one of the world’s fastest-growing economies, and therefore one of its most attractive emerging markets. This growth has largely been driven by exports and industry, most specifically textiles. The trade finance team at Sonali Bank can help clients to invest in the Bangladeshi market through its network of correspondent banks inside the country.

Acting as a correspondent bank for Sonali Bank inside Bangladesh allows Sonali Bank UK to facilitate trade finance across Europe, America and the Far East. Trade finance services available include letters of credit, post-import refinancing, documentary collections, bank to bank reimbursement, performance guarantees, bills discounting and assignment of proceeds.

Sonali Bank UK also allows customers to send remittances to friends and family living in Bangladesh. This is done via a branch network and telephone remittance service, available in both Bengali and English.

Sonali Bank UK Security

Sonali Bank UK is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

Sonali Bank Contact Details

29-33 Osborn Street
London
E1 6TD

Telephone: 0207 877 8230

Email[email protected]

Have a question about Sonali Bank?

Find answers in Q&As and ask your question

No questions yet. Be the first to ask one!

Sonali Bank Reviews

No reviews yet. Be the first to write one