Axis Bank

Axis Bank

Axis Bank is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Mumbai. Founded in December 1993, it is the third-largest private sector bank in India and has more than 3500 branches and 55,000 employees.

Reviews Rating
50%
Review Score
This figure is an average of the reviews score, taken from customer reviews and the overall rating of the bank.
48%
BankRank® Score
This figure is the average of the bank’s total sentiment score and the review scores.
Disclaimer
While we are independent, we might receive commission if you choose to click on certain links on our website.
CompareBanks
CompareBanks Expert
CompareBanks
Hello! We're CompareBanks and helping the UK to compare banks is our main mission. We're here to help whenever you're on the search for a new bank. Compare the market with in-depth and impartial reviews. Read opinions on bank accounts from people just like you. Not only do we compare banks, we also let you review and rate them to help others with your bank experiences. You can trust us to get you on the right track with the best bank for you.
Read More

Overview

First Glance

Axis Bank is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Mumbai. Founded in December 1993, it is the third-largest private sector bank in India and has more than 3500 branches and 55,000 employees.

Contact Info

Phone
44 20 7397 2520

About Axis Bank

Axis Bank is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Mumbai. Founded in December 1993, it is the third-largest private sector bank in India and has more than 3500 branches and 55,000 employees.

Originally known as UTI Bank, Axis’ first offices were opened in Mumbai and Ahmedabad after the Indian government passed a ruling allowing for the formation of new private banks. It is 31% owned by promoters and promoter groups, with the remaining 69% owned by investors, insurance companies, corporations and mutual funds.

UTI was the first Indian bank to issue travel currency cards and opened its first overseas branch (Singapore) in 2006. Operations in Shanghai, Dubai, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Abu Dhabi and Dhaka followed. The company’s name was changed to Axis Bank in 2007. Axis opened its wholly owned UK subsidiary, Axis Bank UK, in 2013. The subsidiary is based in London.

Axis Bank Products and Services

Personal banking customers can choose from current and fixed term accounts. Current accounts have no minimum balance and can be opened in GBP, USD or Euro. These accounts do not earn interest. Customers looking to earn interest will need to opt for a fixed-term account (terms from 1-5 years are available), which have a minimum balance of £1000 and from which money cannot be withdrawn before the end of the term.

Axis Bank UK also provides services to Non-Resident Indians living in the UK, including term deposits, home loans and rupee savings accounts.

Axis Bank provides loans and trade finance to corporate customers. Lending options include loans, revolving credit, overdrafts and loans against deposits. Trade finance services include:

  • Pre and post-shipment financing
  • Import financing
  • Letters of credit

Axis Bank Security

Axis Bank UK is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulation Authority. Eligible deposits up to £85,000 are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

Axis Bank Contact Details

4 Chiswell Street
London
EC1Y 4UP

Telephone: 020 7397 2520

Email: [email protected]

Have a question about Axis Bank?

Find answers in Q&As and ask your question

No questions yet. Be the first to ask one!

Axis Bank Reviews

No reviews yet. Be the first to write one